Friday, May 1, 2009

Look how good i am at lifting the heavy thing

Why am i so drawn to Dylan Moran, perhaps because he's so deliciously funny (and why I did go and see him on Tuesday, wow the best!), or perhaps it is just that effortless cool/drunkenness that makes him so spiteful and cynical.

Whatever it is, he is definitely on the top of my funny man/(woman) list- which of course does include the boosh lads, and tim minchin.

Ah, let us now bask in his red wine drinking, smoking, lazy, angry glory. MM that's right, soak it up...





Back to It Is This, his newest show. Surprisingly we were quite close, considering the misconceptions Row V had given me. Oh dear, i love when he singles out crowd members. Really, truly, best live (only? maybe) gig I've seen. WOW. There isn't much else to say. I mean i know what he talked about - the state of the world, young people, old people, women, countries and such, but i could never replicate. So if he's in your town, do go. And I am anticipating the DVD release!!

Some memorable Moran/Bernard Black Quotes, keep in mind there are going to be very many:


"I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."

"Get your own human plaything!"

"What is it, magic popcorn? Does it produce some kind of dizzying high?"

“I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?”

“I don't do drugs. If I want a rush I just stand up when I'm not expecting it.”

"
whores will have their trinkets"

"Look at his face. I bet his cornflakes try to crawl out of the bowl."

"You should wash your beard, then shave it off, nail it to a Frisbee and fling it over a rainbow."

There are billions more, but too much searching would need to happen before i could find them.
So if you can't see him live go rent out Black Books, or a movie with him in it ie Shawn of the Dead, Run Fatboy Run and the new A Film With Me In It, orr conversely youtube his other stand ups Monster and Like, Totally

Ah, i clearly love him!

No comments: